Ottawa Region: Canada's Capital Region
Welcome to Ottawa Region!
The area surrounding Canada's capital, known as the Ottawa Region, encompasses 4,662 square kilometres (1,800 square miles) of an enchanting mix of urban and rural landscape. For the full urban experience, visit Ottawa for its array of restaurants & bars, markets and shops. While Ottawa is well known for its pre-eminent cultural attractions, such as the National Gallery of Canada and the Museum of Nature, the region itself is home to over 80 museums and galleries. The area is served by three rivers (the Ottawa, Rideau and Gatineau), feeding hundreds of lakes, surrounded by acres of nature. Hiking, fishing, golfing and skiing are mere minutes from any of the ten towns in the region. The communities on Ottawa's perimeter, such as Gloucester, Nepean and Kanata, provide accommodation options in quiet settings just minutes away from the attractions only the big city can provide.
Hotels & Motels
Current & Upcoming Events [ View All ]
Looking for something to do in Ottawa Region? Check out these current and upcoming events. If you know of an event that is not listed in the travel guide, please feel free to add an event listing (it's free).
- ChiSeries Ottawa Presents: Tanya Huff, Amal El-Mohtar, & Kate Heartfield
Oct 18 » Patty Boland's Irish Pub & Carvery
- Millionaire Mind Intensive in Ottawa on Oct. 21-23, 2016
Oct 21 to Oct 23 » Ottawa
- The Ottawa Antiques Sale!
Oct 22 to Oct 23 » Carleton University
- The National Women's Show Ottawa Fall 2016
Oct 22 to Oct 23 » Ottawa
- Speed dating for Ottawa singles with #1 25Dates
Oct 27 » Ottawa
- Canada's Ballet Jorgen presents Swan Lake
Oct 28 » Centrepointe Theatre
- Great Pumpkin Charity Ball
Oct 29 » Ottawa
- Ottawa Cat Show
Oct 29 to Oct 30 » Ottawa
- Howl for Halloween
Oct 29 » Orleans
- The Howl-O-Ween Blood Ball
Oct 29 » Orleans
- Rockalily Burlesque presents Zombie Strippers Halloween Show
Oct 31 » Babylon
- Painted Land - CPAWS Ottawa Valley Fall Gala
Nov 02 » National Gallery of Canada